We have lost an unusually large number of (mostly outstanding in their field) famous people in the entertainment world this year so far. Here is a selection to test your memory!
- Q. David Robert Jones died on 10 January 2016. How was he better known?
- Q. On 14 January, we lost Alan Rickman. He appeared in many plays and films but which character did he play in the Harry Potter films?
- Q. Terry Wogan also died in January. Which quiz show did he present from 1979-83?
The next 4 people all left us in March:
- Q. Ronnie Corbett was mainly famous for being (a small) half of the Two Ronnies. However, he first worked with Ronnie Barker (and John Cleese) in which mid 60’s satirical programme?
- Q. Keith Emerson was the keyboard player in prog-rock “Supergroup” Emerson, Lake and Palmer(ELP). Which band did he leave in 1970 to join ELP?
- Q. Sir George Martin was often known as “the Fifth Beatle”. Which record company was he employed by when he started working with the Beatles?
- Q. On whose chat show was Debbie McGee asked “What first attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels?”
....and the final 3 in April.
- Q. Who was born in Minnesota and died there on 21 April, aged 57.
- Q. The Two Ronnies had a famous “Four Candles” sketch but who wrote an equally funny (funnier?) “Two Soups” (and died in April) and who performed it?
- Q. And finally…., Barry Howard died in April. In the 1980’s he appeared in Hi-de-Hi! as a ballroom dancing instructor with his screen wife. What were the names of their characters?