The theme this time is “Black or White”. Each question or answer has the word “black” or “white” in it. Simple!
- Q. In which cult TV show might you encounter the “White Walkers” (though best to avoid them!)
A. Game of Thrones
- Q. What was the title of Amy Winehouse’s second (and final) studio album?
A. Back to Black
- Q. Which English county has a White Rose as its emblem?
- Q. Who co-starred with Will Smith in “Men in Black”?
A. Tommy Lee Jones
- Q. How many times does Black Rod bang on the door to the Commons with his rod at the State Opening of Parliament?
- Q. Who was known as “The Walrus of Love”?
A. Barry White
- Q. Which classic song includes the line “Letters I’ve written, never meaning to send”?
A. Nights in White Satin
- Q. Who wrote the novel “The Woman in White”?
A. Wilkie Collins
- Q. …and “The Woman in Black”?
A. Susan Hill
- Q. What is the name of AC/DC’s best-selling album, released in 1980?
A. Back in Black
- Q. What is the common name for leukocytes or leucocytes?
A. White blood cells
- Q. Which Beatles album features the song “Blackbird”?
A. “The Beatles” AKA “The White Album” (two for the price of one!)
- Q. In which city is the “White House” shelled by tanks in a failed coup attempt in 1993?
- Q. Who had a 1967 hit with “Black is Black”?
A. Los Bravos
- Q. Which play starts with “To begin at the beginning: It is Spring, moonless night in the Q. small town, starless and bible-black…”
A. Under Milk Wood
- Q. Which Russian city on the Black Sea coast hosted the 2014 Winter Olympics and is the current location for the Russian Formula 1 Grand Prix?
- Q. In chess, which colour pieces have the first move?
- Q. Which fictional character says “Oh my ears and whiskers, how late it's getting”.
A. The White Rabbit (Alice in Wonderland)
- Q. How was the (infamous) Royal Irish Constabulary Special Reserve better known?
A. Black and Tans
- Q. T-Rex sang “ride a white swan like the people of the Beltane”. What is the Beltane?
A. It is a fire festival that celebrates of the coming of summer and the fertility of the coming year.