BVRA PRIVACY NOTICE COVERING MEMBERSHIP AND USE OF THE WEBSITE
BVRA is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
BVRA may change this policy from time to time by updating this notice. Any changes will be notified in the Barkham newsletter published by the BVRA and can also be viewed on the BVRA website here
This policy is effective from 01/01/2021 and is reviewed on a regular basis.
What we collect:
We collect the following information:
- If you are a member
- Your name, address and optionally an email address. This is used for to maintain our membership records
- If you indicate an interest in paying by direct debit, we will store your email address. This enables us to contact you regarding any membership queries.
- If you set up a direct debit, we will store your Gocardless reference and email address This enables us to reconcile payments against our membership database. Please note that your bank details are stored by Gocardless, are subject to their policies and BVRA have no access to this information.
- If you just subscribe to our mailing lists, we store your name and email address
- We also hold, with the individual’s permission, the names and addresses of our committee members and volunteers such as distributors.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information for:
- The maintaining of BVRA membership records
- The maintaining of electronic mailing lists that you have subscribed to
- We may use the information to improve our services.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you on matters of local interest.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
We use Google Analytics to analyse the usage of the website. This is done anonymously and no personal data (including IP addresses) is collected by Google.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over the other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting. For subscribed users you may choose to stop the receipt of email information by amending your mailing preferences by going to the home page of the website.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you would like a copy of the information held on you please use the contact us form on the website to contact the webmaster:
If any data is incorrect please advise the above email addresses and it will be corrected.