The theme this time is (loosely as ever) "Connections"......
- Mike A, Mike B, Mike D, Mike G. Who are they and what is the link?
Atherton, Brearley, Denness and Gatting - England Cricket Captains (although Denness is Scottish!)
- Hydrogen, helium, lithium, beryllium, boron –what is the connection (and for a bonus point, what is next in the sequence)?
The first 5 elements in the Periodic Table – Carbon is the 6th.
- Who presented the 70s TV series "Connections" and the follow up series in the 90s?
- What connects "Whole Lotta Love", "Sweet Child O'Mine", "Back in Black", "Smoke on the Water" and "Layla" in a recent poll?
They were the top 5 in a BBC poll of the best guitar riffs of all time.
- What was the name of Gene Hackman's character in The French Connection?
- Sea, London, Pastoral, Antartica. Who composed these symphonies?
Ralph Vaughan Williams
- Who presents the BBC quiz "Only Connect"?
Victoria Coren Mitchell
- What is the connection between the Île aux Cygnes in Paris and a great American landmark?.The Statue of Liberty – the Parisian American community gave a one quarter scale replica to the city in 1889 and it is on an island in the Seine.
- What connects Leigh Woods to Clifton?
The Clifton Suspension Bridge over the Avon Gorge.
- Highbury, The Dell, Maine Road, Roker Park – what is the connection?They were the previous grounds of Arsenal, Southampton, Manchester City and Sunderland respectively. All the clubs moved into new stadiums (St Mary’s, Emirates, Etihad, Stadium of Light).