This time, the theme is “Cop Shows” or more formally British TV Police Dramas!
- Q, Which actress is a police sergeant in Happy Valley but has also spent 5 years in the 90s as a barmaid in Coronation Street?
A. Sarah Lancashire
- Q. Which 2 (related) series were named after David Bowie songs?
A. Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes
- Q. Barrington Pheloung wrote the haunting music for which series?
A. Inspector Morse (plus Lewis and Endeavour)
- Q. Which long running series was set in the fictional “Newtown”?
A. Z Cars
- Q. Which R.D. Wingfield novels were made into (another) long running series?
A. Frost (A Touch of Frost)
- Q. “Evening all” were the usual opening lines of which police series?
A. Dixon of Dock Green
- Q. Which series featured PCs Tony Stamp and Reg Hollis?
A. The Bill
- Q. Who created and wrote Prime Suspect?
A. Lynda La Plante
- Q. Which (current) series concerns the work of AC-12, a police anti-corruption unit?
A. Line of Duty
- Q. And finally, how did The Sweeney get its nane
A. “Sweeney Todd” is cockney rhyming slang for Flying Squad