The theme this time is “Musical Rivers” – for each question or answer there is reference to a river (or name of a river) and a piece of music or musician. Simple!
- Q. “Ol’ Man River” is a song from which musical?
- Q. Who sang of “Fog on the Tyne” in a 1972 number 1 album?
- Q. Which song starts with the lines – “When I was a little girl I had a rag doll...”?
A. River Deep – Mountain High
- Q. Who wrote “Ferry Cross the Mersey”?
A. Gerry Marsden
- Q. Nile Rodgers is one of the most prolific record producers over many years but which disco/R&B band did he co-form and have many hits with including “Le Freak”.
- Q. Who wrote “The Blue Danube Waltz”?
A. Johann Strauss (the Younger)
- Q. Who had a number 1 hit with “Runaway” in 1961?
A. Del Shannon
- Q. In the English folk song, “There was a jolly miller once lived...” - where?
A. On the River Dee
- Q. Which river is central to Wagner’s “Ring Cycle” operas?
A. The Rhine
- Q. And finally....., what was the name of Doctor Who’s wife?
A. River Song (sorry!)