Given England’s success at winning back the Ashes this summer, the theme for the quiz this time is “Australia”. Only one question on cricket though!
- Q. What is the Australian National Anthem?
A. Advance Australia Fair
- Q. Who sang “We come from a land down under”?
A. Men at Work (a 1983 number 1)
- Q. Where is the WACA (this is the cricket question)?
A. Perth (the Western Australia Cricket Association ground)
- Q. Which Australian actress was married to Tom Cruise and is currently starring (again) in the West End?
A. Nicole Kidman
- Q. In which city is the Australian Tennis Open played?
- Q. Ayers Rock is usually known nowadays by its Aboriginal name – what is it?
- Q. What is The Ghan?
A. A (historic) passenger train that runs on the railway between Adelaide and Darwin, via Alice Springs.
- Q. Who is the current Prime Minister (First week in September 2015)?
A. Tony Abbott
- Q. On which side of the road do they drive (in Australia)?
- Q. And finally …who, as created by Barry Humphries, was knighted for services to Australian culture?
A. Sir Les Patterson