As it was the 50th anniversary of the release of Love Me Do and the Magical Mystery Tour was filmed in Barkham (OK, not true –Ed), the theme for this quiz is The Beatles.
- Q. What is the link between 20 Forthlin Road and "Mendips"?
A. They were the childhood (and early days of the Beatles) homes of Paul McCartney (20 Forthlin Road) and John Lennon who lived with his Aunt Mimi at "Mendips". Both are now owned by the National Trust.
- Q. Who was the original bassist when they were a 5 piece group (pre "Fab Four")?
A. Stuart Sutcliffe
- Q. Who was the Beatles manager until he died in 1967?
A. Brian Epstein.
- Q. On whose TV show did they appear in February 1964 which brought them to the attention of the American public for the first time?
A. Ed Sullivan
- Q. In April 1964 they had the top 5 in the US Billboard Chart. Can you name 3 of the 5 songs?
A. 1: Can't Buy Me Love 2: Twist And Shout 3: She Loves You 4: I Want To Hold Your Hand 5: Please Please Me
- Q. "Our World" was the first international live satellite broadcast in June 1967. Which song did the Beatles perform?
A. All You Need Is Love
- Q. Which song features the line "...and the fireman rushes in from the pouring rain – very strange..."?
A. Penny Lane
- Q. What was screened on BBC1 between a Petula Clark special and a Norman Wisdom film on Boxing Day 1967?
A. Magical Mystery Tour
- Q. Who played the guitar solo on "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" from the White Album?
A. Eric Clapton
- Q. On Abbey Road, what is the next line after "You should have seen Polythene Pam..."
A. "She's so good looking but she looks like a man"