A “metallic” theme this time (hopefully obvious when you read the questions)!
- Q. How many gold medals did (Sir) Chris Hoy win at the Beijing Olympics?
- Q. Which comic character had a dog called Snowy and was assisted by Captain Haddock?
- Q. Which metal is extracted from bauxite?
- Q. What connects Tony Stark and Robert Downey Jr?
A. Iron Man (alter ego and actor who played him)
- Q. Which Music Hall song features the lines “You look neat. Talk about a treat! You look so dapper from your napper to your feet”?
A. Any Old Iron
- Q. Joanna Lumley played “Sapphire”, but who played “Steel”?
A. David MacCallum
- Q. Which other metal is added to steel to make stainless steel?
- Q. In which 1980s TV comedy series did Timothy West play the despotic Bradley Hardacre?
- Q. What links the Lone Ranger’s horse and a film starring Gene Wilder and Richard Prior?
A. Silver (horse was Silver and film was Silver Streak)
- Q. Copper and tin are the main constituents of which alloy?