A parliamentary theme this time. A few tricky ones I think!
- Q. Why did Tory MP Nadine Dorries appear on TV for several weeks in in November 2012?
A. She was a contestant on "I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here"
- Q. Which parliamentary title is currently held by Sir Peter Tapsell but has previously been held by (among many others) Tam Dalyell, Edward Heath, James Callaghan and Winston Churchill?
A. Father of the House (of Commons)
- Q. Which current Conservative cabinet minister has the nickname "two brains"?
A. David Willets
- Q. How many constituencies elect MPs to the House of Commons?
- Q. Which long serving Labour MP is known as "the Beast of Bolsover"?
A. Dennis Skinner
- Q. Complete the sequence: Betty Boothroyd (1992-2000), Michael Martin (2000-2009), xxxx xxxxxx (2009-current)
A. John Bercow (Speakers of the House of Commons)
- Q. Sir Peter Viggers was a fairly obscure Tory MP until the Expenses Scandal broke in 2009. What avian residence costing £1645 was he (in)famous for claiming on his MP's expenses?
A. A floating duck house/island
- Q. Which current MP has won 2 acting Oscars? Bonus points for the names of the films!
A. Glenda Jackson for Women in Love (1969) and A touch of Class (1973)
- Q. Which Lib Dem MP resigned his seat in February 2013 after pleading guilty to perverting the course of justice?
A. Chris Huhne
- Q. And finally.....John Profumo, Roy Jenkins, Tony Benn and David Steel may seem an unlikely grouping, but which juvenile parliamentary title have they all held?
A. Baby of the House (the youngest MP). David Steel was famously known as "the boy David".