The theme for this edition is “Time”.
- Q. Who wrote “The Time Machine” in 1895?
A. HG Wells
- Q. Who directed the film “Time Bandits”?
A. Terry Gilliam
- Q. Charles Lindbergh was the first. Mark Zuckerberg, Barack Obama, Pope Francis and the Ebola Fighters are recent winners of which title?
A. Time Magazine Person of the Year
- Q. Which female singer wrote and had a major hit with “Time after Time”?
A. Cyndi Lauper
- Q. Who wrote “A Brief History of Time”?
A. Stephen Hawking (a bonus point if you’ve read it!)
- Q. What is the home planet of the Time Lords?
- Q. What is the current time showing on the “Doomsday Clock” (it was recently updated)?
A. 23.57 (3 minutes to midnight)
- Q. In Casablanca, what was the song for which Humphrey Bogart’s character Rick told the pianist Sam: “You played it for her, you can play it for me”
A. As Time Goes By (“Play it again, Sam” is a misquotation)
- Q. Who won the men’s cycling time trial at the 2012 Olympics?
A. (Sir) Bradley Wiggins (he was knighted after the Olympics)
- Q. And finally, which famous battle took place at a quarter past six in the evening?
A. Waterloo (1815 -sorry!)